After determining that you will apply for a building permit, the appropriate forms must be picked up at the municipal office and filled out with the relevant information. If you have any questions about the forms, call 724-352-9000 and ask the secretary for help.
Building Information Needed for a Permit
- Owner Information
- Mailing address
- Property address (if different from mailing address)
- Phone number
- Cost of construction of structure
- Mobile home serial number (if applicable)
- SEWAGE PERMIT issued by the Sewage Enforcement Officer or notice that tap-in fee has been paid to Saxonburg Area Authority MUST be shown.
- Size of structure (length X width for residential; square footage for industrial/commercial)
- Building setback distance from property lines must be listed; Check Zoning Ordinance for all relevant information
- A site (plot) plan of the property, location of proposed structure and existing structures and any relevant topographical features to be attached to permit application.
- A certificate of Workers’ Compensation Insurance coverage if project is being done by a contractor or a notarized Affidavit of Exemption
- Road Occupancy permits and Excess Maintenance Agreements will be issued by the Township, email the Township Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724.352.9000.
Clinton Township follows Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code
Procedures to Follow to Create a Subdivision
- Contact Sewage Enforcement Officer(SEO) to have proposed lots tested. (See Sewage Officer page) * Secure Sewage Application form from Township Secretary. Cost is an amount determined by the SEO.
- Consult Township Zoning Ordinance for necessary information.
- Check with Zoning Officer as needed.
- Have surveyor survey and draw new lots in accordance with Clinton township ordinances. Please not that the Township MAY request topography lines on plans.
- If on a Township road apply for a Stormwater/Driveway Permit. If a State road, check with the State for a permit, necessary assurances. 724-2894-8800. Receive site address from Township Secretary, if possible. (Must know where the driveway will be located on the new lot(s)).
- Plan must be received at the Township Office ten (10) days before Planning Commission meeting day. ACCOMPANYING THE PLAN YOU SHOULD: Pay Subdivision Application Fee to Secretary, produce driveway permits. Have valid sewage sites located on drawing and submit perk test results if available. have the ‘build-able area’ of a lot showing on the plan.
- You or a representative must present the plan to the Clinton township Planning Commission for review and approval at a regular meeting (first Monday of the month.)
- You or a representative must present the plan to the Board of Supervisors at a regular meeting (second Monday of the month) for review and approval.
- Once your plan has been signed by the Clinton Township Planning Commission and the Clinton Township Supervisors you or a representative must present the plan to the Butler Planning Commission. They have strict guidelines for submission. 724-284-5300.
- Once approved you can have the plan recorded at the Butler Court House.
- Secure building permits from Zoning Officer for construction of buildings. You must have a valid sewage PERMIT issued by the Sewage Enforcement Officer in order to secure a residential building permit. Labor and Industry approval must be shown for commercial/industrial construction.
Stormwater Management Ordinance
Contact The Zoning Officer
Please call the township office at (724) 352-9000 with any zoning questions.